Nominations for Church Council Positions now being accepted through June 8, 2014
What is the Church Council? The Church Council, along with the church staff and church membership, addresses the business functions of the church. This body 1) provides for the membership to have a majority voice in the operational affairs of the Church with implementation and support being handled by the church staff; and 2) provides for a more unified, cohesive and knowledgeable discussion and decisioning of the issues affecting the church with a single body instead of the various disparate committees.
There are 18 church members selected at-large and serve alongside the Chairman of the Deacons, Chairman of the Missions Committee, Senior Pastor and Senior Associate Pastor. These 18 members are elected to a 3-year term of service. The Committee on Committees will be interviewing nominees for six positions with service beginning on October 1, 2014. These interviews will be conducted in June and July.
Qualifications for these members are listed below:
1. Minimum age of twenty-one (21) years old.
2. Must have shown demonstrated leadership in Church and/or community life.
3. Current member of the Church.
4. A minimum of two consecutive years of Church membership.
5. Must have completed Starting Point.
6. Must tithe to the church’s general budget.
7. Must be actively involved in Sunday Worship Service and Sunday School.
8. Submit to and have received a favorable background check.
Please complete the form below and submit by June 8.